Thursday 26 March 2009

25th of March is...

...a national holiday for Greece. Celebrating the revolution of 1821 when Greeks broke free from 400 years of Turkish rule. So we parade. (we = students)

This year I went to see the local parade after...dunno how many years - mainly because it is on a Sunday and after the age of 18(?) I failed to wake up on time.

Anyways, yesterday I did. I must say, quite a few things have changed since I was a part of this. The length of skirts for one, not to mention the state of teenage boys (parading in a ...hood? shirts out?)
This was always my favourite part: leaving with best mate.
Oh, on the 25th, we eat fish (this is what's left of mine, I've been good)
In the afternoon I popped in for a beer at my local, decorated totally in line with today's spirit. Just like a classroom, minus Elvis on the wall and alcohol at hand:) I'm getting older...

2 comments:

Marietta said...

Gosh ,the guy with the hood!It donsnt seem so organised!The length of the skirt doesnt surprise me anymore actually

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Holidays are great! Especially when they involve food.