Wednesday 5 August 2009

Freestyle Magazine (part 1)

Presenting you my summer cooler: Freestyle Magazine (and ice cream). It has just come out, this is its very first issue. It is round shaped and came inside a ...frisbee. Not any frisbee: the print is Eley Kishimoto's "Electric Lightning", in a hypnotic, super-fly version.

Here is moi, catching sun at the balcony whilst learning how to make a Gay Cake. Other contents include a frisbee retrospective, some seriously cool editorials, tips on how to do a flawless manicure, monkey faces(!) architectural gems and street art, even the twitter chronical of how someone ended up killing someone (!!).

(photo by Marina Rosso)
I discovered Freestyle at Bread & Butter, in Berlin. It was hard to miss their frisbee covered van and all the frisbee activity around it. Wasn't sure what it was but it looked fun. "A magazine for creative people who like to play" is how they put it and indeed that's what it is.

Made sure the issue was in my suitcase, went to their smashing Berlin launch party and asked them a question (or five) about what they do. You are so gonna love this. Soon to be posted.

5 comments:

K@terina B. said...

Nato pali to malli!!!


zilevw!!!

Κατερίνα said...

k mono oti einai strogylo kanei thn diafora!!anamonh mexri to epomeno post!!!!xx

Little Monarch said...

oh wow this magazine looks like me!great for reading in the sun!

Vicki said...

I am so jealous you got to go to bread & butter berlin!! I am going to Pret a Porter Paris is sept for first time with work and cant wait :)
thank you for the lovely get well comment on my blog and the tag :)
I am going 2do this for my nxt post.
Im also adding you to my blog roll list now!
Much love from Ireland
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for a great review. jason (freestyle magazine)