Wednesday 9 June 2010

SATC2 - I'll have another drink

Yes, yes, I did go to watch SATC2. Actually, West Coast Cooler invited me + best mate to check it out and PR meisters at Value!com booked a private viewing at a Golden Class screening room. Reclining armchairs, SATC inspired munchies on our table and of course chilled newcomer WCC gave us a taste of what Carrie Bradshaw's life is like.
What did I think of it?

The Movie: Not going to over-analyze. The wardrobe would never happen to the average person in a lifetime (predictable). Even if it did, I am sure they'd manage better outfit sets for a walk at an Arab market. Then again, it's a movie. However, between exaggeration and surreal fiction, there were parts where the message was there: no matter how flashy your clothes are, you'll still have to face the same issues as everybody else. Motherhood overload, married life routine... menopause madness. But we already knew that too.

The Host: Ace. It was all beautifully organised and West Coast Cooler's taste was one pleasant surpise. I instantly wanted to know more about it and the crystal covered USB stick that came along with it was my source later that night. This baby is coming from Ireland, based on wine and infused with tropical fruit flavourings, 4% alcohol, 151 calories per bottle and fat free. Alright. Cosmopolitan, you've got one serious river-dancing, bubbly rival.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Alecca must agree with you! What the buzz it's a movie! Everyone expects fashion from SATC! That's what they gave us! Who wanted to go and see Zara on Carrie?

Lorelai Sebastian said...

popo, fadfasu na evlepes tin Carrie me to zara foremataki pou forages to proigumeno vradu!tha itan ekplixi padws digura!!!

to stickaki einai polu teleio padws!!

Alecca Rox said...

I guess the stick is not that hard to make if you are patient enough and got glue:)

(crystals are not hard to find either, try the manicure section of cosmetics stores)

efi said...

εγώ πήγα να δω τα ρούχα και μου άρεσαν πολύ. αλλά μου την έσπασε λίγο το "είμαστε αμερικανάκια και όπου πάμε κάνουμε ό,τι γουστάρουμε γιατί μόνο εμέις έχουμε δίκιο" στυλ της σαμάνθα, όπως και το ότι η μιράντα δεν είχε καμία σχέση με αυτό που ξέρουμε και αγαπάμε. τα ρούχα τα έσπαγαν πάντως.

lafashionelle said...

Like your point of view! Great pics!

DinDinaki Koudounaki said...

auto akrivws elega kai gw sto post pou ekana meta tin tainia...borei na min einai realistiko, alla who the f&^*&ck cares??poia ithele na dei tin Carrie me dixalo mitsuko kai pyjamaki mafalda?tnx for the tip about the stick.didn't cross my mind

leinti nti said...

carrie me dixalo mitsuko kai pyjamaki mafalda.. lol why not? to apolito revenge.

simfono me tin efi apo pano pantos. episis na sibliroso oti i carrie einai mallon vlameni. i siberifora me ntropiazei os ginaika. o br big itane apsogos kai afti olo gkrinia.

oso gia to poto, krasi me tropical infusions?? bliax....ti eimaste more, kinezoi? oi kinezoi vazoun koka kola kai ximo sto krasi tous.

Alecca Rox said...

haha.. I persume you tried it and you did not like it leinti nti. It's ok. However, the French put blackcurrant liqueur in wine and call it Kir, the Germans put cola in their beer and call it Diesel, don't blame it all on the Chinese;)

fashionist__ahead said...

to sex and the city 2 einaii monadiko....
:):)

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with your comment on my blog! Left an answer for you saying that since it was my first fashion week I kinda flashed too. Clothes were not my style either! See you around! ;)