Sunday 1 November 2009

AXDW - Paola Frani

Paola Frani is an Italian designer and this was her first catwalk in Athens. She was here as a guest of Tsantilis company, to mark the celebration of its 80 (!) years in the market by holding the very same show she presented at Milan Fashion Week in September. She was kind enough to send us a very warm message through Tsantilis' press office a few days ago:

"I would like to express how proud I am to have been chosen by Tsantilis' company as a foreign designer to show my collection at the 6th AXDW. It's the first time I am showing my collection on a Greek catwalk and I am thrilled to be given the chance (...) The fact that there is a good cause being supported by AXDW this season is very important. It's supporting the Hellenic Association for the Protection of the Environment and Cultural Legacy. As a woman and as a designer I'm always inspired by the ancient history and culture thus I feel that supporting this cause is very important. I'd like to thank Tsantilis' company for believing in me for the last 10 years by developing and promoting my brand in the Greek market. (...) I am particularly happy about the opening of the new PAOLA FRANI at Golden Hall». Paola Frani



The collection was very feminine and sparkly, with crystals, sequins and metalic fibres reflecting light in every step. Mini lengths, slim fitting pants a colour palette of nude, black and white. The show-stopping, glittery materials were balanced out by clean styling and natural make-up. Extra points for the presence of the designer herself at the bow. I must say, AXDW had a very Italian moment!

No comments: