Wednesday 31 March 2010

FWA - day 3, Yiorgos Eleftheriades

Yiorgos Eleftheriades may be a veteran of the Greek fashion scene, however his collections are young designer fresh, for a fresh, young audience. His a/w 10 collection, themed "Urban Hunters" was pretty much accurately depicted in the press release (see further below), something rare and clearly revealing his years in the field. What stayed with me were the Custobarcelonish fur details, kidassia and mongolian fur as the release description clarified. I am against real fur, but despite, this was a good collection, interesting design-wise and a very consistent show.
(photos by Patricia Munster, more on her website)

I have a thing for enlightening show releases and since this one impressed me, I am posting it right below (click to enlarge). What I found rather unusual is the fact that the credits are mentioned first (instead of being somewhere in the end) which I take as an emphasis to thanking the creative team. Noble. Otherwise, it's beautifully straight forward: theme-shapes-colours-materials-full/stop. No fluff. And contact details.

And the clip - there's always something about the applause following the designer's bow at the end.

No comments: