Monday 3 January 2011

All Saints Singer

All Saints Spitalfields paid a tribute to Singer sewing machines for holidays. Thousands of them, orderly piling at their stores windows, on both sides of the Atlantic. It's machines like this* that turn pieces of fabric into clothes, someone had to honor them!
*newer versions of them, these are clearly vintage, sacred monsters. Speaking of which, someone has a perfectly working one and makes a point that it's not gonna end up at one of these displays as it's still happily stitching away at home!

3 comments:

zoe.k. said...

Oh dear lord, I want them all! Or better yet, I want to live there! Even though my grandma owns one...

Anonymous said...

I've always loved the sewing machine thing in allsaints. They look really cool.

please check out my GIVEAWAY if you have time...
http://shewearsthetrouser.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I saw these windows when I was in London back in November..I entered the shop just because I loved the sewing machine concept!!!