Wednesday 29 April 2009

Kartell <3 Barbie <3 Moschino

It's more than furniture at the Furniture Fair in Milan at the moment. Design giant Kartell loves Barbie, who loves Moschino and they've all joined the festivities for plastic babe's 50th.

Oversized She and eternal beau Ken have made themselves at home at the windows of the local flagship store, dressed in Moschino and standing alongside Kartell's special edition chairs, Louis Ghost and Lou Lou Ghost .

The plastic purveyor home items featuring Barbie's face come in both real and miniature size in a fun, celebrational limited edition. The profits from the Barbie boxed, doll-house size items will go towards the good causes of Save the Children Foundation.

With my very own birthday just a sneeze away, I wouldn't mind a "Barbie-goes-design" gift in the post. (Come on Barbie, I've always been nice to you) (Ok, sorry for what I did to your hair back in the '80s...)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! Where is this????

Alecca Rox said...

(milan, local flagship store)

yiqin; said...

OMG THIS IS SO COOL!!!

LJ said...

...........
this is amazing.
xx-LJ from SOS!

Niviarsiaq said...

Barbie is such a phenom! She was slightly ignored for a few years but I think she's making a huge comeback for her 50th birthday. I love all the designer collaberations going on!

Camryn said...

Unbelievably cool. We all have Barbie experiences from our childhood. LOL.

Elena said...

No matter how old I get (turned 21 about 2 weeks ago)I won't stop loving Barbie, disney princesses or anything that's pink!