Wednesday 7 October 2009

Sooo..! Cocktail anyone?

Oh yes! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else tonight. Katerina Alexandraki is celebrating her newly founded line Sooo..! as well as the opening of her first boutique by throwing a cocktail & catwalk party!

Her Autumn/Winter line, “Thrill”, will be officially presented for the first time and from the samples I've seen so far, it's going to be this season's thrill indeed.

Catwalk, cointreaupolitans, late night shopping (Alexandraki's limited edition hats will be available too!), lights, models and plenty of surprises... sounds like a hard-to-miss party. The invite features a hand-written message by the designer herself and the stamp reads "Berlin", her favourite destination and source of inspiration. You don't need one to show up though. Everybody is welcome so start getting ready! Event starts at 19:00 and the boutique is located at 145 Iroon Politechniou str in Kato Halandri (more info here). However, some lucky guests did receive the invite along with a very generous goody bag containing:

1. Various products of Lavera (Biological Beauty Care from Germany)
2. A PennyPrice AromaTherapy booklet
3. A MAC card to be used for a free make up in the store of MAC in Golden Hall, any day till the 30th of November
4. A discount card for the Cake Stores all around town
5. A discount card of the Sooo..! Boutique
6. A beautiful hat-pin straight from the A/W Sooo..! Katerinalexandraki pret a porter collection.


A couple of months ago I visited Alexandraki's stand at the Premium exhibition in Berlin. I inspected her collection for Spring/Summer 10 piece by piece. Unfortunatelly that has to stay under wraps for the time being but you can get an idea from the pictures below. Katerina also took the time to answer some of my questions for you:

Alecca Rox: What is the theme of your collection for SS10?
Katerina Alexandraki: Sooo.. art, nature and freedom..! it's a turn towards being carefree, playful, innosence and nature. It consists of girlie looks with motifs inspired by great painters of surrealism.

AR: What's Berlin to you?
KA: As the mayor of Berlin once said: "Berlin is poor.., but sexy!". I had some great moments here. I have fallen in love, got inspired and met people that have helped me become a better person, made me see things from a different angle. I'd say Berlin is my second home, a warm cuddle, a dose of adrenaline, an oxygen mask. Ich bin ein Berliner..!

AR: What are you bringing back from this trip?
KA: The journey is more important than the destination. I am keeping all the precious moments with old friends and associates and I am welcoming new ones into my life. Also moments I spent alone, reflecting. I'll never forget this trip as it started the day the king of pop Michael Jackson passed away. I am dedicating it to him.

Now you know a bit more about Katerina Alexandraki through the lines of this blog. Why not drop by tonight's party and meet her in person? I'll be there. If you spot me, do nudge me and say hello! See you in a few hours.

5 comments:

Sophie said...

This sounds like a wonderful event, I hope you have a lovely night. I loved learning a bit more about the designer, it was really interesting! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! xo
teacups-and-saucers.blogspot.com

Lopi said...

Not fair, everything happens when I'm not there!
Have fun sweetie, and blog it all!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling! Hope you have (had?) an amazing time!

xoxox,
CC

Marietta said...

Sad that we don't get these kind of events here!I'm meant to live in a capital!!
And I want this goodie bag!
Good thing you started watermarking your photos!Did you ask for your pics to be taken down?You can fight for that!

Gabbi said...

Amazingly interesting and gorgeous... I love a good insider post!♥